Wrongful Death in Hartford, CT
One of the most stressful life events is when a loved one dies. When that death is due the actions of a negligent person or business, the grief is compounded. The surviving family members are faced not only with the horrific loss of a loved one, but also with loss of income at the same time that they are now incurring funeral expenses and possible medical bills. Sometimes, there is even horrific suffering by your loved one before he or she dies from the incident. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to negligence, a Hartford wrongful death attorney can help you.
Attorney Michael Pollack: Hartford, CT Wrongful Death
At the Law Office of Michael Pollack, LLC, Attorney Michael Pollack recognizes that money cannot replace your loved one. We also know that it can provide some comfort to have the responsible party pay for the negligent act that was the cause of the death.
Some of the damages you may be eligible to collect under Connecticut law include:
- Burial and funeral expenses.
- Medical and hospital expenses.
- The earning capacity of your loved one that you expected to receive if he or she were alive. This includes future financial support as well as current lost wages.
- Damages for conscious pain and suffering endured by the decedent before death as a result of the injury.
- Damages for the loss of the capacity of the decedent to enjoy life.
Common Negligent Acts That May Result in the Death of Another
- Vehicular accidents including motorcycles, cars, boats and trucks.
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents.
- Product liability due to the use of a dangerous product.
- Premises liability resulting from a dangerous condition that was left uncorrected.
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Animal attacks.
- Medical malpractice.
Michael B. Pollack will take the extra time to answer all of your questions and explain your legal rights. He will carefully go over each of your options and help you form the best strategy possible to protect your rights and obtain superior results. He will keep you informed through every phase of your case, from beginning to end, and will provide you with the legal advice you need to be successful with your claim. Finally, he will be fighting for the superior results you deserve.
Call Attorney Michael Pollack now at (860) 206-6020 for a free consultation.